Well, life keeps on going and everytime a month is about to end, I look at the calendar in disbelief- where does the time go?! At night when I give Benjamin his bottle, I look at his feet, legs, hands, etc. and swear he's bigger than the day before. Derek is no longer a toddler, but an actualy little boy. Tyler is a man and father, getting started in his career. Then there's Me, still 23, or so I think. My grey hairs are mutliplying, my eyes are baggier in the mornings, and my varicose veins only get worse. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, it just boggles my mind how the time seems to fly at lightning speed.
Sometimes at night, before I turn it, I go check on Derek and Benjamin (mostly to make sure Benjamin is covered up). There is a sweet peace and tranquility in the room of small children when they're sleeping. Something divine and celestial. There have been nights when I'll go in there and say my prayers, just to feel a little closer to Heaven. I often don't want to leave. Rather ironic given how frustrated I can get with my 2 smaller macacos. Funny how that is.
Tyler started his new job at the prison almost a week ago. Having a happy Daddy sure makes a difference! He really enjoys it. We all have an innate desire to contribute to something bigger and better than ourselves and I think he's finally starting that journey career-wise. Ya, his co-workers gossip and such- something he's getting used to and rising above, but he's doing something, I feel, he was born to do. He's a little out-of-practice in the stay-at-home dad department. He'll get in the groove more since Mindy will mostly be working on his off days. There will be some growing-pains, to be sure. But, he's a good father, loves his children, and really knows how to play with them.
We went to the zoo this last Friday since both Mommy and Daddy were off work. Oh my school children everywhere!!! It got worse and time wore on. I'm glad we were there on the early end of the morning.
Benjamin still doesn't want to walk for an audience, Derek continues to try and control his brothers' every action, and Mom wonders how much to care about it all. Ya, the kids probably watch too many movies, Mommy probably doesn't disclipline like she should, the house could be cleaner, the back room could be done and organized (that would be REALLY REALLY awesome- Tyler), we could all eat a little less dessert, and Mommy could maybe be a little less obsessed about running and working out (that's a big maybe). But hey, if we had it all together, we'd be translated and then no one here on earth could enjoy us! So there you have it.
Three cheers for Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment