Thursday, April 4, 2013

I'm still 23, right?

I frequently catch myself in my thoughts, "I'm 32.  I'm 32..."  I have to remind myself of my age- does that just get worse as time goes on?  Uh oh.  I also frequently look at my life and say, "I'm not old enough for this.  I'm married and a mother- like I know what I'm doing!"  Sigh.  Regardless of these musings, my 2 little boys steal my heart every day, despite the exasperating moments.  Here are a few of the latest happenings of my 2 little macacos....

DEREK:

Him peeing into the water play area at Discovery Gateway on a preschool field trip.  Some germo-phobe parent had to have been watching, in utter freak-out mode.

On the way to the bank to sign onto my mother's account, Derek wanted her to get out of the way so we could pass the firetruck up ahead.

Leaning out the mini-car shopping cart at the grocery store so he could drive a toy truck someone left there.  We went all through the store with him leaning out, driving that silly truck.

At dinner the other night, Tyler said he wants to go fishing next week and was saying he didn't know who he'd take.  Derek immediately piped up, "Take me!" and then proceeded to give Daddy his cheezy smile.

BENJAMIN:

He's finally decided that taking a few walking steps for Mommy is okay, but I'd better not ask too much!

Biting Derek back in wrestling session. The kid's just trying to find a defense mechanism of some kind that's effective! 

Climbing into the tupperware drawer one morning in hopes it would boost him higher so he could see what Mommy was doing.  It was all for naught, but he sat down and made himself comfortable.

When throwing a fit, he prefers to be carried like a sack of potatoes.  Not so easy for Mommy.

Making little sound effects while driving cars on the floor or window seal.

TYLER:

Okay, so I just wanted to take a moment and celebrate, again, that he's starting a new job soon!!!!!  He'll start at the Utah State Prison as an EMT on April 15.  Kissing graveyards goodbye is a very exciting change we're all looking forward to.  He can get on the path for his chosen career in Emergency Management.  It's like the flood gates have opened as a sign that this is the right thing for him and thus our little family. 

MINDY:

I have a love-hate relationship with marathon training.  Sigh.  Someone very smart and with large capacities to decipher brain and behavior needs to dissect my brain.  I really think my chances are good for a BQ in Ogden in May, but then I'm nervous because I only have 2 long runs left, both 20 milers.  Part of me wants like another 3-4 weeks to train.  That darn perfectionism!! Well that was a nice little spell of a runner's venting session.

*It's 9:45 and I should be in bed.  Good night.  Oh, and Derek's crying.  He probably needs to go xi xi.

No comments:

Post a Comment