Thursday, June 9, 2016

Half Full of Half Empty?

Months ago as Hillary and Trump continued winning primary elections, there was a 325% increase in searches associated with what it takes for an American to move to Canada.  I'd love to say I was a part of that 325%, but I wasn't.  What I want to know is who are these people that keep voting for 1. a known traitor, and 2. a complete lunatic?  Jeez!  I'd better stop on the subject before the computer blows up or something.

Then there were those in an outrage at the mother of the boy who fell into the gorilla enclosure in Cincinnati.  Really people?  That poor mother is torturing herself enough.  I assure you.  Let's just say the direction in which our society and culture are headed seriously scares me.  Who are these people and out of what holes do they keep crawling out?!  Apparently said holes are in more abundance than I supposed.  Good grief!

Ok.  Rant over.  I think.

The past little while grumpiness has seemed to overtake the Canova household.  Tyler's job royally sucks.  I'm sure lots of people say that about their jobs and I don't discredit their suckiness.  His supervision can't seem to make up their minds as to what they want the correction officers to do, like Tyler, Every day it's a guessing game.  Add to that he deals with people on parole for various things and you get a man who easily gets frustrated.  I think if I were in his shoes I would've completely lost it by now and be twitching in an insane asylum somewhere.

But, there's hope now.  We know for sure he'll be promoted to parole officer soon.  When exactly?  It's a mystery.  This is the government, remember?

Derek's counts significantly dropped about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  Again.  Unfortunately that meant the poor kid missed even more school, including all the fun end-of-year stuff.  I really hope he doesn't remember that.  Therefore he's been a little extra edgy.  That rolls over to his brother Benjamin.  There have been many days I've wondered if the gypsies were taking new children.

I'm injured.  I haven't been this down and out from running since 2008.  At least that, I guess.  That means I don't get as much happy juice in my system since running is the most effective way to fill that cup.

Then there's Zachary.  Thank goodness for that little ray of sunshine.  God knew I'd need that with the storm that ensued shortly after he was born.

I don't mean to make it sound like I have a monopoly on hardship.  Thank goodness I don't!  I've realized more than ever that you can find just about anything to complain about.  You can also find just about anything to be grateful for.  What do you want?  Personally, I like the latter option.  By far.

Probably about 6 weeks ago my in-laws showed up with a trampoline to put in our yard.  Yes, they really are that ridiculously awesome.  The frame was from when Tyler was a child.  They'd just purchased a new bed.  It has been a magnet for my 2 older boys since.  They jump on it almost every day, multiple times.  I am proud to say that I taught them the fun-ness (yes, it's a word- cuz I said) of getting the trampoline wet.  They were doing that even before the blazing temperatures of summer arrived.  There was one day Benjamin went through 4 outfits because he kept getting wet on the tramp, and therefore really cold.

The grass underneath the trampoline is now lush and beautiful.  I won't mention what the rest of the grass looks like.  Let's just say we got a brochure from the Scotts lawn service today with a little checklist of what's wrong with it.  I threw it away.  I got bigger fish to fry and other places to spend my money at the moment.  Thank you.

We've planted a garden.  I always love watching things grow and cultivating them.  It's quite the thrill for me.  We'll see what kind of harvest we get.  I'm rather hopeful.

I want to paint lots of the inside of my house.  I know, like that's noteworthy.  Just wait.  Months ago I picked out a color for the living room and hallway.  Just the other day Benjamin and I got started (what a "helper!").  Due to some time constraints I (ahem, I mean we) didn't get very far.  Later that day I realized I'd picked the wrong color.  There goes $35.  Not a bank-breaker, but it's still $35.  Grrr.  So, I then did the smart thing and bought a few of the $3 sample jars of paint to try out some other colors.  Sometimes I guess my sub-conscious likes to do things backwards.  Gotta reign that in!  My poor husband just shakes his head at me.

Well folks, here's to summer!  Here's to popsicles, swim lessons, hikes, splash pads (where were those when I was a kid?!), camping, fishing, sidewalk chalk, trampolines with sprinklers, vacation, and hopefully Mindy's return to running.  Long live Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment